May 22, 2018

WISHFUL THINKING


                                                                    
When there are no concrete evidences to
nail the poser
Wishful thinking becomes the norm,
To do the willful but wishful magic .

It was painful when I lost my memory card,
That agony of years of labour,
And then a small boy with no conscience.


Banished from thImage result for pictures of success

e courteous city of etiquette,Image result for pictures of success
1200 × 673 - blog.ipleaders.in

Surfaced from nowhere and stole it,
An d on the third day discovered the theft.


When I opened my phone at the need of a use
‘Oh it was stolen,how did it happen?
Could it be where I charged my phone,the gaming house?


Oh bete9ija,it wa not so,I doubt they those boys did it
Could it be my brothers at home?
Oh I doubt they did,oh I doubt they did.

This after I had raved against them a couple of times,
First it was Emanuel our youngest brother,
‘’ Oh you stole my memory,you think,I don’t know’’


I yelled at him with the uncommon ease of an intemperate
Shallow bud not deemed me unripe
‘’Are you mad,how can I steal?Dont I have my own?You are mad!’’


Then raged like an inferno on top of his voice for some minutes
‘’Cool down,you are shouting,
Margaret ,our landlord daughter,our new landlady from Abuja.


Is hearing.Dont you get it?’’But he raged still with a bit rising
 Momentum
‘’Let her hearyou are liar ,let her hear,
how can I steal it?’’Then I cooled down in a flashback.



Now thrown in reminiscence,I traced down memory lane ,
And narrowed my winces in the last four days,
Down to the phone repairs,which I did when its earpiece
Got bad.


And heypresto I stood up and put on my cloth left home
And headed to the shop of the suspect,
 Oh,the apprenticed engineer?’’ I muted still belching with
Animosity.


My feet weary and wobbling as they go,how come years of
Labourious agony
Vamoosed with my one day carelessness,
Lack of vigilance and vanished forever with just one day theft.


‘’Open the phone,you repaired the phone,where the memory card?’’
Dumbfounded ,mouth agape as he struggled ,
With his haggard but  beanspoke frame to open the phone


He opened the phone and there was no memory and there I
Rained curses,
‘’You are a thief,you stole the memory card’’
Still banboozzled and stammered with nebulous teeth


No,noi didn’t steal it and yellow was’’referring to the albino,
Who sat down and was visibly present ,
During the initial diagnostic process of detecting the technical
Problem.

‘’No,no,you are liar,he was not there when the repair started,
For he had gone and there was no witness,
Two men in the room probably too apprenticed engineer.

I could not tell really and when you look at their visages were
Less concerned,
And though were somehow discontented and apoplectic barely show
Displeasure against the theft as if it was normal,
With disdain they viewed my ranting as an ant,and if true what would you
Do.

He who comes to equity does not delay,and he who comes to equity must
With clean hands,
The boy scribbled a few words and alarmed
And at best vertiginoius who was caught unawared,with my apologia


I was to blame myself to act too late and not armed myself with
credible evidence ,
Even though circumstantial evidence could do the work
In law where direct evidence could not be procured.


I was probably dreadful to take the long battle and even averted,
The notion to call thee police for an arrest,
Should he fail to admit the pilferage.and being stone cold faces.

They put on,I was not sure if it was not real even though I was so sure
For there was no concrete evidence to nail the poser,
And so wishful thing,became the norm and the juvenile robber,absconded
With glee.

Where are no concrete evidence to nail the poser,
Then wishful thinking becomes the norm,
To do the willful but wishful magical thinking,
And nothing for something can be dividends for agony,
Of years of labour,of lost recorded speeches,of lost
Sacred interviews as reporter,of lost songs that could,
Have changed humanities and the world a better place to live,
Oh,of siblings brought up in wrong families,of teens’get rich
Syndrome,
And the world a better place cannot be,considering my statusquo
As a penniless orphan,trying to get a good life,
I was sure of the theft and my flashback was correct,
But it was possibly due to the dread that I couldn’t act,
Who know me ? Do I have the money to fight  even this
Petty case.
Oh it was dread rather than to blame wishful thinking,
And the dream of  being a great minstrel could probably,
Have been destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment