December 12, 2021

THERE WAS A COUNTRY:REVISITING THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR.part 2

and who their real enemies are.And the day that happens woe betide those enemies.The ibos will deal with them very roughly, very roughly."Then he gave himself a nickname "Ebbudola", abuses became he said when he flagged off his free education in Uroboland in the old midw est.He was building schools and enrolling Stidents,still people were launching at him, see Awolowo children, they can read and write.He said that was how he started 'with ridicule'and later the chronic abuses ended with honour." "infact am surprised at this information.You still have the parts of the interview that talk about starvation policy, twenty pounds etc?" "Yes is there in the interview."he moved closer to her, passing the phone asshe chipped him"don't worry.Let me call my brothers and you can testify before them."She clutched her phone"Emeka,where is your cousin Unchechukwu?" "My God where have you been?Mama has been looking.She went to Umuahia to search for you" ".Am in Lagos.Forget all those pranks.Turn on your video call.i wanted you badly here.Join conversation.We re discussing civil war." "Civil war, what do you Know about civil war you this small girl 32years.You just marry focus on your." "My husband is a Yoruba man.I think you know that and I m quite sure mama didn't Know I was married to Yoruba.""So,you those useless people.Those betrayals .....they gave us twenty pounds during civil war see how we recovered everything by ourselves inspire of all the losses,we recovered everything.Why are u so stupid to marry stranger?" " keep quiet my friend.Listen to the conversation I can see you,yes I can.""Now I can see a man there" "See we re discussing the starvation policy, twenty pounds etc " "You mean, you have traveled that far?So what's the use of driving me crazy with what led to death of millions of people." "Let me answer you." "What do you want to say? the genocide took away our freedom everything.Imagine twenty shillings or twenty pounds.." "keep quiet let me talk.Am not going to convince you?I will tell you.Have you read there was a country by Achebe." "He lamented the starvation of the ibos during the war.i ve read it.Dont worry yourself. "the husband took over the analysis."My in law it was like reading half-truth or mendacity" "didn't they loot our money only to distribute pittance?" "But the money in question was returned after the civil war." "Where who returned wetin?liar my in law from the pit of hell." "I will wasaap the 1983 interview awolowo did prior to the presidential election that year." "Liar in law,liar in law.My sister you married liars and we shall not embrace liars as children.our people will disown them." "In that interview,you will read it also.Let me say it here.He distributed all Ibo money at the rate of 900,000pounds per month as subvention until he had paid off their money.Infact,against many peoples wishes'he revived ACB and gave it lifeline with initial 3m.and half pounds to take off. When he was confronted with barage of questions,over the bank's revival,he said it was improper to deny ACB critical asset to finance as the only ibo bank after the war.He did same to Cooperative bank of Eastern Nigeria.Many ibos I've met and had laid false claim to the fact they survived damnation all alone,with no one to support them.No no no it was a lie.He distributed all the money'

No comments:

Post a Comment